Wordpress Foundation, a website aimed to promote Wordpress and other associated products related with the open source GNU Public License, has just been launch by Matt Mullenweg. The website is simply designed, of course powered by Wordpress and shows the philosophy of the company along with all projects they are working on. You can also donate to their cause.
Here is a list of their projects:
- WordPress, freely available GPL blogging software with about 143,000 lines of coderepresenting about 33 man-years of development. WordPress is available in 23 languages and has been downloaded about 18,000,000 times in 2009.
- WordPress Plugins, a repository of over 8,000 freely available plugins representing about as many volunteers. These plugins have received over 71,000,000 downloads we know about.
- WordPress Themes, over 1,100 free GPL-licensed design and themes for WordPressthat have received over 11,000,000 downloads.
- bbPress, open source forum software built on the same backbone as WordPress.
- BuddyPress, a new project that allows anyone to create a social network on purely Free Software.
You can always read more about it on their website, which is worth a visit.