If you are being bothered by the activation process of your Microsoft Office 2007, then follow these quick tips to quickly activate it without any hassle.
If you have installed Office 2007 with a product key or serial number, do the following to clean remove Office 2007 of product key:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications.
- Run Register Editor by clicking on Start -> Run, and then type €œregedit€ in the Open box and press Enter key.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
Note that inside the registry key, there should be another subkey that resembles the following:
- If there is more than one registry entries or subkeys that reference Microsoft 12.0 registration, open up each subkey, and then identify the product by the ProductName value data until you locate the subkey for the product which you want to remove the existing product license key.
ProductName=Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
ProductName=Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Once found the correct registry subkey, delete the following values:
- Close Registry Editor.
- In Windows Explorer, brose to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Proof.en\
- Right click on Proof.XML file, select €œOpen With€¦€ in the right click menu.
- In the €œOpen With€ window, select Notepad to be used to open the XML file. In Vista, if you can€TMt see the Notepad option, simply double click the €œOther Programs€ to unhide it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Proof.XML to locate the following lines:
- Change the AlwaysInsalled to neverInstalled so that the line looks like following:
- Save the Proof.xml file. In Windows Vista, you may need to take ownership and grant full access permission to yourself before able to modify the file.
- You can now launch Microsoft Office 2007 application such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and etc without prompting for activation.